Posted on 2014.10.01
Love bite, kiss mark, whatever you may call them, hickeys happen and in a fit of passion you may not think about the consequences. However, having bruising on any erogenous zone can be kind of embarrassing, especially if you have an important function the next day. So check out these tips and tricks on how to speed the healing of your lover’s mark:
1) Cool it down: Ice that hickey as soon as possible. Dig through your freezer and find your icepacks or frozen peas and apply directly to the skin. Take breaks every now and then, you don’t want that love bite to turn into frost bite, but keep applying a cold compress on a regular basis.
2) Rub it out: Massage the hickey with your fingers, a toothbrush, or your vibrator to increase blood circulation to the area. This will help minimize bruising and make the mark disappear faster.
3) Bust out the toothpaste: Rub a layer of minty toothpaste on to your hickey and leave it for a few minutes until the skin stops tingling. Wash the toothpaste off with warm water and repeat this process every 24 hours. Like massaging the affected area, peppermint can help increase blood circulation to minimize bruising.
4) Balms and salves: Vitamin K creams, arnica gel, or witch hazel can help reduce swelling and bruising to minimize the appearance of your lover’s affection
5) Warm it up: If after a couple days your hickey still hasn’t gone away try placing a warm washcloth to your skin. This is for old and stubborn hickeys, not new one.
6) Run for cover: If all else fails, cover that love bite with concealer, a scarf, or high collared shirt, and patiently wait for time to heal all wounds.